Spring Closing Information
The end of the spring semester will soon be here! The last day of class is Friday, April 30, and finals will occur Monday, May 3 through Friday, May 7. University Housing will close Saturday, May 8; all students must check out of their rooms by 2:00 p.m.
- Complete your room checklist and sign the back of the form
- Remove all personal items and trash from the room
- Lock your windows and door
- Pick up mail and packages; remember to update your address in LionPath and use the appropriate shipping address for online purchases or recurring shipments.
- Drop your form and room key at the designated key drop in your building any time or at the HFS Office between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Failure to return your room key will result in a recore fee.
- Grab a bite to eat or stock up on snacks and drinks for your trip; the spring semester Campus Meal Plan ends at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 9, and any remaining dining dollars will be forfeited at that time.
The University has partnered with College Boxes to provide a storage and shipping option for students. Find out more at collegeboxes.com.
Additional guidelines for move-out:
- Coordinate your move-out time to be different than your roommate and suitemates.
- Consider departing during slower times, such as before 10:00 a.m. or after 7:00 p.m.
- Pack your items in advance so your ride won't have to wait when they arrive.
- Do not linger in the buildings.
- No guests are permitted in the residence halls - the University's "no guest" policy is still in effect. When necessary, a student may have one individual assist with removing items from a student's room. This individual may not assist with packing, only with moving items from room to vehicle.
- All individuals must follow Penn State protocols for masking and physical distancing while on campus.
- Any person who is feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms should not travel to campus
- When your roommate is moving out and has one guest assisting, please consider spending that time in a different location to reduce possible exposure.
Thank you for being part of the Penn State family. We're so glad you chose to #LiveOn!