Spring Semester Closedown
The end of spring semester will soon be here! The last day of class is Friday April 29, and finals will occur Monday May 2 through Friday May 6.
University Housing will CLOSE:
- Saturday May 7: all students living in East Halls must officially check-out by 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday May 8: all students living in other housing areas must officially check-out by 4:00 p.m.
- Late departure requests cannot be accommodated
East Halls is closing on Saturday to accommodate the transition to Summer School housing and manage housing maintenance and construction projects.
Move Out Process
Students should follow the check-out process as identified on the Move-Out page. Key points:
- The room key MUST be returned to the Commons Desk. Failure to return a room key will result in a $64 per core charge fee.
TIP: You will receive an email confirmation from eLiving when staff process your check-out, this email indicates that your room key was received by the Commons Desk. Make sure that you receive that email when you return your room key - do not leave the desk until you receive the email confirmation.
- Too many items to take home?
- Once you officially check-out of Housing, your building clearance will be turned off and your Campus Meal Plan will no longer work.
- The spring semester Campus Meal Plan ends at 4:00 p.m. Sunday May 8; at that time, any remaining dining dollars are forfeited.
Guidelines for spring Move Out
- Plan your departure and travel arrangements - all students must be moved-out by 4:00 p.m. either Saturday May 7 (East Halls residents) or Sunday May 8.
- Coordinate your move-out time to be a different time than your roommate, suite-mates, or apartment-mates
- Consider departing during slower times, such as prior to 10:00 a.m. or after 7:00 p.m.
- Pack your items in advance! Be prepared for when your ride arrives, so they do not have to wait
- Visitors may park temporarily in lots around residence halls, but must have flashers on and leave within 20 minutes.