University Housing Closes for Fall Break
IT'S ALMOST FALL BREAK!!!
University Housing will CLOSE for Fall Break on Sunday November 21 at 10:00 a.m. ET.
Late stays on Sunday, November 21 after 10:00 a.m. are NOT permitted - all students must leave University Housing prior to 10:00 a.m. ET closing. If you are not able to leave campus by 10:00 a.m. ET on Sunday, you will need to make alternative arrangements until you can leave.
Students who do not have a Break Access/Holiday Housing HFS Contract are expected to vacate the buildings (you may leave your belongings in your room).
Please make your travel plans to and from State College with these dates in mind:
- University housing CLOSES at 10:00 a.m. EST on Sunday November 21
- University housing OPENS at 10:00 a.m. EST on Sunday November 28
Early arrivals on November 28 are not permitted - building access will not operate until 10:00 a.m. November 28. Students who arrive on campus on Saturday will need to make alternative arrangements until University Housing opens.
Safe Travels during fall break! We hope that you enjoy this time with family and friends.
NEED TO STAY ON CAMPUS FOR ALL BREAK PERIODS?
Certain buildings remain open during the break periods. Reach out to the Housing Assignment Office to discuss what space is available for a permanent room assignment change. This will allow you to stay in your room during the three closures. The total cost is $800.00 ($400 will be billed to your fall account and $400 will be billed to your spring account). If the room you are currently assigned to is in a non-break building you will have to move now for the remainder of the academic year.
NEED TO STAY ON CAMPUS JUST FOR FALL BREAK?
Limited space for a temporary room assignment relocation is available for students who are not able to leave campus for fall break. You will move temporarily for the fall break (you can leave your items in your permanent room assignment, only taking what you need for the week to your temporary room assignment). See below for instructions to Request Housing!
INSTRUCTIONS TO REQUEST HOUSING FOR FALL BREAK
- Room accommodations are offered on a first-come, first-served basis until all space available is filled.
- Submit Summer / Break Housing Request
- If your request is approved, a fall break HFS Contract will be sent to your eLiving shopping cart. Contract offers will be made late-October/early-November
- Accept the HFS Contract offer before expiration date. Indicate your preference for Eastview Terrace or supplemental housing
- A room assignment will be processed and charges posted to your LionPATH account for payment
- Details about moving to your temporary room assignment will be shared in November
HOUSING ACCOMMODATIONS AVAILABLE:
- Supplemental Housing (large room with 3-6 roommates) Cost: $240.00
- Eastview Terrace (single room with private bath) Cost: $320.00
- Campus Meal Plan Cost: no additional charges. Your meal plan will be available to use during the break. Limited food service options will be open.
- The room charge will be sent to your LionPATH account after you accept the HFS Contract and a room assignment is processed
- HFS Contracts CANNOT be canceled once accepted
- HFS Contract is for the entire break period and cannot be offered on a nightly basis
- If all available space is used, information about hotel accommodations will be provided