On-campus residents enjoy the convenience of having mail and packages delivered to their housing area commons desk - thousands of packages and mail are delivered every month! The Commons Desks also manages all students room keys and temporary ID cards.
Each housing area has a Commons Desk that is generally open 24 hours a day*, seven days a week, during the regular academic year. There may be some shifts where a Common Desk may close, but staff are accessible through a phone number that is posted at the desk. The Commons Desks are closed during University closedown periods.
- U.S. mail delivery and package delivery (including Penn State Bakery and flower deliveries). Learn more about Mail Services
- Room assignment check-in/checkout
- Room key pick-up/return
- Loaner room key
- Temporary id+ card
- Cot rentals (if available)
- Cleaning supplies checkout
- Vacuum cleaner checkout
- Recreational equipment checkout
- Toolkit checkout
- Fax machine service
- Lost and found for commons area
- CATA bus token purchase
- General question and answers