Weston Community Center
The White Course Apartment Complex offers the Weston Community Center, which serves as the hub for a variety of activities, programs, and services. The Center, located in the middle of the community, houses beautiful meeting and multipurpose rooms as well as White Course Apartments staff offices. White Course residents are welcome to attend events and activities offered in the Center and reserve space for educational and personal social events (like birthday or holiday parties and dinners).
Penn State encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the White Course Apartments staff in advance of your participation.
Weston Community Center offers:
- mail pickup and delivery services
- vending machines
- copy machine and fax service
- study lounge
- meeting rooms
The following items are available for residents to sign-out:
- cleaning supplies
Service Desk Hours
Maintenance staff and emergency staff are available between 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.
The Weston Community Center Desk may be open limited hours during the three break periods. Hours of operation will be posted.
As a University housing resident, you are eligible to reserve space in the Weston Community Center as well as any commons building on campus (Findlay, Johnston, Redifer, Waring, or Warnock). Contact the Residence Life office in the area in which you want to reserve a room and complete the Facilities Reservation Request and Agreement Use Form.
Before reserving a room in the Community Center please review the guidelines below. Failure to follow these guidelines could cause you to lose your room reservation privileges:
- University events take precedence over personal functions.
- Reservations may be booked no more than two weeks before the event by filling out a Facilities Reservation Request and Agreement Use Form, available at the Community Center Desk.
- The person reserving the room must be a residence hall or White Course Apartments resident. That person must be present at the entire event, and is solely responsible for all costs the event may incur.
- Rooms are available between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. if there are no conflicting events.
- You may not conduct fund-raising events or charge admission for an event.
- There is no charge to use Community Center rooms.
- If you need to cancel an event, please notify the Community Center Information Desk by stopping by or calling 814-865-6025.
- Please arrive at the Community Center at least ten minutes before your reserved time or your event may be considered cancelled.
- You are responsible for cleaning and taking out trash after your event.
- You must end the event and leave the building by the time listed on the reservation form.
- The University will not be responsible for liability due to damage or injury during an event.
- Alcohol and drugs are not permitted inside or in the area surrounding the White Course Apartments Community Center.
- The University Park campus is a smoke-free environment.