Moving In & Moving Out
Everyone living in a residence hall room is responsible for the condition of that room at the time of check-out. Roommates need to develop a plan together for cleaning and getting the room back to its original move-in state. Cleaning supplies and vacuum cleaners are available at each commons desk. All students must check out and leave the residence halls by the day after their last final examination.
- Fall semester: University housing closes at 4:00 p.m. on the day following the last scheduled examination for official University courses, as announced by the University Registrar.
- Spring semester: University housing closes at 4:00 p.m. two (2) days following the last schedule examination for official University courses, as announced by the University Registrar.
- Summer Session: University housing closes at Noon on Saturday, the day following the last scheduled examination for official University courses, as announced by the University Registrar.
- Early Building Closures: Due to summer housing needs and construction projects, several residence halls will close a day earlier than the rest of campus. Students assigned to those buildings will be notified in advance. These buildings are used for Maymester housing, which begins on Sunday, the same day as spring closedown. Time is required to clean the building for use.
- Withdrawals: If a student withdraws from the University, the student must officially check-out within 24 hours.
Move Out Instructions
At the end of the last semester that a student will live in the room, the student should follow these instructions to move out of University Housing. Adhering to these instructions will avoid damage and cleaning charges being applied to the student's LionPATH account.
Please check with Housing and Food Services or your RA if you have any questions about checkout. Any charges incurred from damages or for additional cleaning will be assessed by Housing and Food Services after checkout.